I have been trying not to add to the growing number of posts about Coronavirus but I have been asked what our approach at Nordic Walking Watford is so I thought it useful to issue a statement.
My intention is to maintain our existing level of walks and to KEEP WALKING! Being outside in the fresh air is being recommended and encouraged by health professionals.
However, we are making the following recommendations in line with government advice:
- Stay at home for at least 7 days if you have either a persistent cough OR a high temperature
- Where possible use your own poles
- Our club poles will be sanitised after each use and the straps washed
- If you are using club poles you will be asked to thoroughly wash/sanitise your hands beforehand
- The use of paired exercises in some of the sessions will stop for the time being
- The use of additional exercise equipment will stop for the time being
- My car boot cafe will continue for the time being but if restaurants/cafes close their doors then I will not operate the CAR BOOT CAFE during this time either.
- If schools close in the next few weeks then this may well impact the availability of some of our walk leaders and walks may need to be cancelled
- If NWUK decides it is not advisable for us to continue walking then I will be obliged to follow their advice.
In the meantime, stay healthy and enjoy walking with us.